Sunday, November 4, 2018

Kelly’s Landing Takes 2 and 3 - Toronto Ontario Canada

So I was so intrigued with Kelly’s Landing gluten free menu options that I returned two more times since my last post.

Saturday I went back to try the Landing Carbonara. Just a few years ago I NEVER would have tried this but thankfully my taste buds and mind have evolved and I am a bit more adventurous on my food.

Reading the write up for this made me wonder who sat around and said “hey, let’s through all these things together and see what happens.”


I can tell you the answer.
You get an amazing meal. Truly, I am not sure I have the words to describe just how delicious this meal was and how all those odd (at least to me) items combined together with no conflicts.

The gluten free penne was perfectly cooked. The chicken was moist and had the most delicious Smokey flavor. The pork belly was small pieces so it didn’t overwhelm and it added a sweet, salty taste. The fried egg on top truly added to all the flavors. I really could believe it. And then there was the gluten free Alfredo-like sauce that was like gravy and sauce all at once.


Sorry for the sideways picture. Technology doesn’t want to cooperate today.

I highly recommend this menu item at Kelly’s Landing!!

===============

Take 3

I went back today, Sunday, to try the Scallops with Pork Belly.

It was very good but I think the price was quite high for 3 scallops and 1 piece of pork belly. It was under appetizers and I did think before ordering it that the price was already high for an appetizer but I really wanted to try it.

Another sideways picture, Sorry.


The plate smelled fishy when it was dropped off so I was worried but overall the scallops were tasty if not just a slight bit chewier than I like and the pork belly was a nice offset to the scallop. 

So this meal was very good but out of the three meals I have had there, hands down, the Landing Carbonara is the meal to get.

I might go back one more time for the Maple Cider Chicken but time will tell.



No comments: