Saturday, November 3, 2018

Kelly’s Landing - Toronto Ontario Canada

Kelly’s Landing.

I found this place on the Find Me Gluten Free app and was impressed with the options on their menu from the website. It was a three minute walk from my hotel so off I went in the rain.


It was well worth it. Although a little expensive after adding cheese and the tip for one person, I am considering going there again while here to try some other menu items.

I started with the Turkey Burger on a gluten free bun adding cheddar cheese, removing the chipotle aioli and choosing fries. I also had their homemade lemonade. It was bitter but refreshing.

My burger arrived after a little longer than expected but nothing to complain about, just noticed. And it looked excellent.


But after one bite, the bun completely fell apart. This did not make me happy as I really wanted to eat a burger but I had to resort to a knife and fork....and fingers. Luckily it was delicious and if I had it again I might just forgo the bun but it added a sweetness that offset the tanginess of the burger and slaw. The fries were like carnival fries, greasy but tasty.


Since I wasn’t over full from my burger I ordered the marscapone cheesecake with gluten free graham cracker crust. Three different people from the restaurant commented that this was their favorite dessert so I was very excited.

Out came this huge piece of cheesecake, as big as my burger. And while it was not bad at all, I don’t think I would rave about it. It was the third different kind of cheesecake I have eaten in the past 3 months. I didn’t know there were so many variations. I would also add that it was too much. Sharing it would have been ok but for one person it was just too big... not that I didn’t finish it all on my own :)


Overall I am thinking of going back while I am here but I will definitely try other menu options and hope they are as good or better.

No comments: