Sunday, February 11, 2018

Halelife Bakery Cupcakes in a Jar

I have been following Gluten Away, now known as Halelife, for quite some time now and always appreciated their information. So when they offered cupcakes in a jar I decided I wanted to support them and try them out. The cupcakes are gluten free, vegan and allergen friendly.


I purchased their deal of buy 4 get a Cookies N Cream jar for free. It was $39.95 and luckily free shipping. This seemed to be more than I would like to spend as it works out to $8 a jar but they state the jars are 2 cupcakes, so that is $4 a jar which seemed worth it then. I waited patiently for my shipment and was very excited when it showed up on my doorstep 7 days later.

I received Vanilla Raspberry, Dulce De Leche, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Caramel and Cookies N Cream.

I started with Vanilla Raspberry and ate it all on my own. It didn’t seem like I was eating two cupcakes but when I ended up sharing all the others it was definitely better to just eat half the jar. It was very sweet which I don’t usually mind but it was a nice tasting of vanilla cake and raspberry flavor and maybe because I ate the whole jar myself, I would say that it was too sweet overall.

Next was sharing Cookies N Cream and this was soooo tasty. It was very sweet but in this I didn’t care because these two flavors are my favorites and in combination, yummmm. Moist, sweet and oh so tasty.

Next I shared Chocolate Caramel and while the chocolate cake was very moist and tasty I could not taste the caramel. If I just tried the icing, then I noticed the caramel but with the cake it was not noticeable to me.

Next Chocolate Ganache and this was too much chocolate and while I LOVE chocolate I prefer to not have chocolate on chocolate. The tastes were very good overall but just too sweet and too much chocolate but if you love chocolate on chocolate you can’t beat this one.

The last one was Dulce De Leche and I have no idea what flavor this was or what it should have been. This was not very moist and I did not like it. In fact it was this one that made me realize what I didn’t like about the Vanilla Raspberry, the vanilla cake is too dry. This doesn’t allow for the vanilla flavor to come through enough.

I wish I could rave about these but I definitely have to say I am glad I ordered them to try and I might be tempted to order them again if there was a future deal ... especially if Cookies N Cream is involved! If you like cupcakes, and don’t mind spending a little more than usual, I say go for it and enjoy all the sweetness.


No comments: