Sunday, March 17, 2019

Gluten Free in Iceland - Restaurant Reykjavík

Our first dinner with the tour group was at Restaurant Reykjavík

This place is on the Find Me Gluten Free app, so I was very excited.

It is a buffet of many of the Icelandic foods. I should have asked for someone to take me around but I decided to use my intuition and go on my own. It all worked out as I did not get ill at all and I loved everything I tried.



There were so many options (well except for dessert) and I definitely did not go hungry at all.


Fresh carved turkey, potatoes, veggies, dried cod, fish stew, salmon and I went for seconds on all of it. There was even more than this offered and that was gluten free but I am a pretty picky eater - I didn’t try the whale. I think the fish stew was my favorite, of course it had lots of cheese so you really can’t go wrong.

Easily recommend this place and highly suggest asking for a chef to take you around the buffet.

No comments: