Monday, June 29, 2020

Josie’s Best Gluten Free Muffins and More Mix - Dutch Baby

Again Alexis Gluten Free Adventures has posted many times about these mixes and in particular making a Dutch Baby or German Pancake. I have never heard of it before but it looked yummy and didn’t look hard to make. So I ordered the variety pack of Josie’s mixes and then made a Dutch Baby.


There is also a waffle mix, pancake mix and crepe mix.
As I use them I will post about them.


I decided to add blueberries to half of the mix as I had some to use up and I was also curious how it would taste.


It was fun to watch this bake.


Ooooo look at it all puffy!


It stayed that way for a little it once it was out.


Look how pretty.

And it was very tasty too. A little more moist than I though it would be.
It really reminded me of funnel cake minus the funneling :)
The recipe calls for powdered sugar and lemon. We had the sugar but no lemon... well not really.
The blueberries were ok in it. I much more enjoyed that we put Blueberry Lemon jam on it that we just happened to have in the pantry.
There is something about the lemon that really made the flavor different and more enjoyable.
I would make it again but I am not sure it will become a regular item.

The mix, though, was easy to use and the recipe was easy to follow.
I do highly recommend these mixes as they are minimal ingredients and allergens.
She is great to follow on Instagram as she interacts well and offers advice on options for the recipes.



No comments: