Sunday, April 29, 2018

Giant’s Nature Promise Bagels

Funny another favorite bagel of mine is Glutino and they are no longer made. I am realizing that there are many Glutino products I had when I first had to go gluten free 18 years ago that are no longer around. That makes me a little sad.

So I like a good thick bagel. I don’t like airy bagels and I don’t like cake bagels. I think this bagel is closest to what I like but it does have an odd taste/after taste to it that I can not describe.


I eat my bagels many ways.

Toasted with butter

Pizza Bagels

Toasted/heated plain with ham and cheese

These bagels would be best as pizza bagels I think. I did not eat them that way yet so time will tell. I had one toasted with butter and I did like that it toasted up nicely and the butter melted and pooled in some crannies. But it was a little too soft and not chewy as I would have preferred but it is better than no bagel in my opinion.

*update* I tried this as a pizza bagel. It tasted ok but it was waaaay too soft for me.

I do not think I would like this bagel heated with ham and cheese. It is too “weak” to support the meat and cheese flavors and texture. But I will give it a fair shake and try it that way soon.

There is never any price on these at Giant but I bought them anyway. They were a little expensive for only 4 BUT I LOVE that they are individually wrapped in the bag. So it was worth a little more for that bonus.


I am still in search of a great bagel so if anyone has suggestions I would love to try them. Even if they are at a local bakery in your town. I can travel :)

No comments: