Monday, April 16, 2018

Gluten Free dinner at Grub Burger - North Wales PA

On Monday April 9th I was lucky enough to have a very special gluten free dinner at Grub Burger Bar in North Wales, PA. My friend’s friend is the manager and she wanted us to come in and try their gluten free options. How could I say no, not only to the possibility of a great meal but seeing some friends in the process.

So at 7pm we met and found our table. Tracy, the manager, came out and welcomed us and started telling us all about their training and processes for gluten free meals. They can offer many option for many allergies, not just gluten/wheat. There are different meat options, different wrap options and the ability to add/remove items from many of the items on the menu.

I am not a spicy eater and I am reluctant to try new things but I was excited because of the options I could try here. We started out with Cheesey Sweet Potato Fries. The sweet potato fries are made in their own fryer unlike the regular fries - but if you are ok with some cross contamination, then you can have the regular fries. Of course the sweet potato fries are excellent.


Those are the sauces listed on the menu - all are gluten free.

We were then brought out, Brussels Sprouts. Welllll, I’ll be honest I am not even sure I have ever even tried a Brussels Sprout and always just assumed I wouldn’t like them. They were not bad. I wouldn’t say I loved them but I definitely didn’t hate them and while I would never eat a whole order myself, I would try more if someone else had them at the table.



Next up was Ahi Tuna and it was delicious. I accidentally ate raw ahi tuna a few years ago in San Diego when I thought I was ordering Mahi Mahi. I liked it but I have to say this was even better than that time. It was cut perfectly and the rub was delicious too.




Then we picked the California Chicken Salad and it was divided four ways. It was delicious but a little too spicy for me. The black bean and corn on it was too hot but if you like that, then this salad is for you.



Then we had to pick our burgers. We were to choose 4 and they were to be divided. Unfortunately in order for the other three ladies to get burgers then wanted I had to order one of my own because all the others had things on them either I could not eat (coconut or beef) or don’t like (spicy) and I didn’t want to hold them up from enjoying the burgers. So they kindly let me get my own and they shared the blue circled burgers and they loved them all.





I got the red circled burger minus the sauce and pickles. My Bacon Cheese Turkey Buger was delicious. Absolutely delicious. Juicy, smoky, cheesy, perfect amount of gluten free roll to all the insides and crunchy bacon. Mmmm bacon. I am craving this burger as I write this. I was a little concerned about the turkey burger because Tracy said it had pesto in it. I have always assume pesto was spicy or heavy, so I asked what the ingredients were. I wish I wrote them down but I can say they were not what I expected and she added you don’t really taste it, it just keeps the turkey juicy. I decided to try it and I am sooo glad I did.


And just when we though we were full, Tracy asks us what kind of shakes do we want? What? More food? Well, twist my arm. She told us that their shakes do not have any lactose in them. I sometimes have issues with dairy so I was curious how I would respond to the shake. I had no issues at all. In fact the shake was even refreshing and not heavy at all. I got strawberry, one got salted caramel and the other two got Nutella. Oh my goodness. No way to explain how delicious these shakes were. Fresh, light, tasting exactly like their flavor and no after effects of dairy. YUMMY




I can not stress enough that you need to get to Grub Burger and try everything on the menu. It is quirky, different, amazing flavors, creative items, great options and wonderful service. The prices are reasonsable for what you get and really you will not get these flavors any where else and be able to be gluten free too.

I had no reactions at all, not only to any cross contamination, of which there was none, but even the spices and odd things I ate. This is a rarity, so I am even more excited about Grub Burger becoming a regular place for me to visit. It was a wonderful night of food and friends. Please check out a Grub Burger near you and let me know how you like it.

No comments: